This DIY Cupcake Stand on a budget can be done up in 15 minutes with simple materials you have in your kitchen at home.
Initially, I was entertaining fancy ideas on heading out into the stores to look for a pretty cupcake stand to go with my daughter’s birthday cupcakes and maybe a dozen helium balloons. It would be pretty, pink and perfect.
Well, Budget mum won and kicked perfectionism to the curb. Saving the earth takes priority as opposed to creating Pinterest worthy snaps of our unreal life.
We chose to save our time, money and use whatever we could scavage from our kitchen drawers.
Best decision ever.
The five year old was more than squealing to help put this together: 2 IKEA cups-check. 2 paper plates, recycle a cake base with contact paper or wrapping paper and a steaming rack.
It wasn’t super pretty nor perfect looking. I reckon I could’ve added a ribbon or two but am happy with the outcome!
It’s functional and can be put together AND dismantled in quick time!
Here’s sharing our 15 minute DIY Cupcake Stand Tutorial for the budget conscious! Read more here on what we actually did to make birthday memories!
Here’s all you need
:1. A cake base (we used a recycled one)
2. Wrapping paper (pretty ones!…we used contact paper as I only had these..it was easy to stick on too.)
3. Two plastic Ikea cups
4. 1 paper plate
5. Round steamer rack
5. Glue, scissors, blue tack
1. Cut contact paper, wrapping paper to fit cake board and paper plate. Stick and glue on. Add trimmings, stickers,ribbons if you like on the borders.
2. Position some blue tack on the rim of the cup, invert and stick on to big cake base. Position some blue tack on base of cup and stick on paper plate.
3. Use a steaming rack to raise the height beneath the big cake base. Arrange cupcakes to balance.