Earlier this week, I made the all-in-a-rice-cooker butter rice dish and experimented with an all-in-the oven herb-crumbed fish. Here’s how the “duo” looked together on our lunch plates. Definitely a delicious repeat dish! In case you missed them, just check back on my recent posts with visuals or just read off text here. Have a lovely weekend! 🙂
1. Season fish fillets with 1/4 tsp of salt. In a bowl, whisk:
-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 3tbsp of lemon juice (& grate zest in), 1/2 cup white wine, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 5 cloves smashed garlic. Coat fillets with dressing & arrange them skin-side down.
2. In another bowl, prepare any 2 tablespoons (chopped fine) of fresh or dried herbs you have in your pantry: parsley, oregano, red pepper flakes, mint etc should do the trick!
-1/2 teaspoon of salt.
– 3 tablespoons of ev olive oil.
– 1/2 to 2/3 cup bread crumbs(depends on fillet size)
– dash of pepper
Toss well, until the bread crumbs are moist.
3. “Dress up” your fish by laying the crumbs on top. Bake at 190C for 15-20min till crumbs brown!
1. Pix left: Melt 40g butter in a pan. Throw in 2 tbsp( about 5 cloves) of chopped/minced garlic. Fry till fragrant.
2. Pix top right: Prepare
2.5 cup rice grain in rice cooker washed and add equal cup water. Grate 1/2 to 3/4 carrot in. Throw in 2-3 tbsp, 2 teaspoon cinnamon powder (or cinnamon stick, & 1 teaspoon of tumeric powder for the gorgeous yellow colour. Add in butter n garlic. Give it a swirl n mix well.
3. Cook in rice cooker.